Thursday, June 6, 2013

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

In all reality my above subject is the sound of my thighs tapping together as I run to the beat of my own drum.  I've done my own thing for years.  Fad diets, drinking green tea until I was literally green in the face, buying new running shoes every 6 months hoping they would magically strap themselves to my feet and make me run on auto pilot.  Besides a closet full of fun, funky and functional shoes I don't have a lot to show for it.  A pudgy tummy and flappy arms aren't great show pieces well for me at least.  I've painted a picture that I sit on my couch a lot.  That is so very far from the truth.  I'm active.  I ride horses, ski every weekend in the winter and take 2 ski trips a year, play volleyball on Thursdays and occasionally complete the beginner running circuit over and over again.  I'm good at most sports and can just about put my mind to anything I set my head to except losing the pudge.  Why is it so difficult.  Have I become so welcoming of my figure that I've forgotten what it's like to feel truly good about myself.  

I love food!  It truly is delicious.  What I like about the Vemma program is that I can eat 5-6 times a day.  Portion controlled meals but stuff I love.  And they have this amazing App for my iPhone that tells me when to eat and options as to what to eat.  It keeps it simple and for this workaholic excuse maker it works out well.

Now excuse me while I get off my butt and put on my magic shoes and put one foot in front of the other at a medium pace.




No comments:

Post a Comment